I debated back and forth on what to show and what not to show in regards to my own portfolios. Ultimately I’ve decided that publicly I’m happy to show my asset allocations and their performance using a points system (stocks) or estimated yields (property).
Privately however I am willing to share actual cash amounts (I’m sure you can understand why).
Enter you name and email below to see actual cash numbers, get updates when a blog is posted and get my monthly gain/loss reports.
Overall Portfolio Structure
- The use of property in my overall portfolio is designed to replace traditional bonds (in the current climate returns are way better) and to act as a store of value.
- All property is unencumbered.
- Crypto currency has been included in my total stock calculations.
- I work to no set split here although feel most comfortable when the portfolio is within 10% of an even allocation.
- Properties are split between four main investment areas.
- The portfolio aims for an 8% yield target (unencumbered, excluding capital appreciation).
- Strategies include buy to let (BTL), houses of multiple occupation (HMO) and serviced accommodation (SA)
|Size||Strategy||Portfolio %||Est. Yield 2021|
|IP1||1 bed flat||BTL||8%||6.83%|
|IP2||2 bed flat||BTL||7%||8.5%|
|IP3||2 bed flat||HMO||8%||7.51%|
|IP4||2 bed flat||SA||24%||6.67%|
|IP5||1 bed flat||SA||15%||11.5%|
|IP6||2 bed flat||SA||22%||8.94%|
- In recent years my portfolio of stocks and shares has taken a backseat while the property portfolio was established.
- It’s currently too heavily weighted towards funds with high fees (unit trusts) for my liking, altering this has become a priority.
- I will always hold some funds in high fee accounts due to the nature of the vehicle carrying those funds (SSAS – small self administered pension scheme).
- Blue segment shows cost of investment, green shows gain segment and bar height references current value.
- Time horizons of all investments range from 1-5 years.
- Bitcoin 😀
Want to see my actual portfolio figures with cash amounts? I only share these in private along with my monthly gain/loss reports and notifications when a new blog is posted. Enter you name and email for access.